Find Relief From TMD Headaches Now In Yuma
Do you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw discomfort, or even other issues with your jaw such as clicking, grinding, or grating? If your answer is yes to any of these issues, there is a good chance you are suffering from an issue with your TMJ and may have TMD.
Your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is extremely important in proper functioning of your jaw, and if it has become injured or displaced, it can result in development of temporomandibular jaw disorder (TMD). TMD and other problems with the TMJ are no laughing matter and can result in a number of different problems, such as headaches, grinding jaw joints, and even more.
What Are the Symptoms of Temporomandibular Disorders?
TMDs can show a wide variety of symptoms. Some of them may even seem unrelated to your jaw joint.
Any of the following symptoms can be caused by a temporomandibular disorder:
- Neck Pain.
- Clicking or popping of the jaw.
- Painful jaw movement.
- Difficulty chewing.
- Inability to fully open the jaw.
- Jaw locking.
- Muscle spasms around the face.
If you are experiencing any combination of these symptoms, don’t hesitate to contact us. You deserve the relief and full function of a healed and healthy TMJ!
Some of the common reasons for TMD occurring can include:
- Poor/Bad Bite | If your bite is off and your jaw has somehow become misaligned, it can result in the need for TMJ treatment. Our compassionate Yuma dentist team can help you treat your bad bite and help you get your jaw back where it needs to be.
- TMJ Injury | If you have somehow injured your TMJ, it can result in the need for TMJ treatment. Our team can help examine your TMJ to help determine the cause of the injury, help you develop a plan to prevent further injury, and help you get your TMJ’s health back on track.
- Grinding | If you grind your teeth at night, over time it can cause your jaw to misalign or cause other damage. Our team can help provide effective, compassionate TMJ treatment for those suffering from teeth grinding.
Our Yuma team has the skill and experience necessary to help you put an end to your TMD woe by using modern TMJ treatment proven to help alleviate the symptoms of TMD or TMJ issues. We love to see all of the positive results from successful treatment, and if you are suffering from a TMJ related issue, we’re ready to help! Get in touch with us today if you are in Yuma or Fortuna Foothills!