So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s an affordable way to improve your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things Yuma Family Dentist recommends when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you determine which protocol is best for you.
- It is important to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening procedure chosen, your teeth can be beautified three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative treatment plan is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions perfectly. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this procedure may take longer, it is more cost-effective and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either treatment plan can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may transpire. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Yuma Family Dentist if it lasts longer.
Yuma Family Dentist offers:
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Implants
- Invisalign Clear Braces
- Porcelain Crowns
- Porcelain Veneers
- Prepless Veneers
- Teeth Whitening
Contact Yuma Family Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
1630 S Pacific Ave #104