You may not be able to convey why all the elements blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. We’re talking about a beautiful smile. You can find these elements via cosmetic dentistry at The Yuma Dentist.
Here are a few of the most obvious elements:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other important elements that may be less familiar to the layperson:
- The amount of teeth that show when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
If crucial design principles are not followed, the smile may look “off” or the function of the teeth and jaw could be adversely affected. If you are for a beautiful smile, call The Yuma Dentist. We provide general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule a consultation with us today.
Contact Yuma Family Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):