Did you know that enamel is the hardest substance in the body? It’s true! Found on the outer surface of your teeth, enamel is meant to last a lifetime, and with the help of regular checkups at The Yuma Dentist in Yuma and Fortuna Foothills AZ, it can.
Enamel may be super strong, but you still have to do your part to take care of it. Here are some useful tips for keeping enamel healthy.
- Pick The Right Foods For Enamel Health: It’s no secret that soft drinks weaken your teeth, and don’t think that diet sodas are harmless – the artificial sweeteners can also erode enamel over time. There are also other culinary culprits that can do a lot of harm.
- Avoid Sticky, Chewy Candies: Chewing ice is a no-no. And don’t use your teeth as tools. Take a minute to grab some scissors before you rip open that package with your incisors.
- Avoid Vigorous Brushing And Use A Soft Brush: Also, it’s best to brush about an hour after eating, because foods, especially acidic ones, can soften the enamel, making it more prone to weakening from brushing.
- Keep Stomach Acids In Check: If you have a problem with severe heartburn, the stomach acid could be traveling up your esophagus and into your mouth. This acid can erode enamel, so talk to your doctor about treatment.
- Talk To Us About Dry Mouth And Tooth Grinding: Lack of saliva is a major issue for tooth enamel, and teeth grinding can also wear it down. Let us know if you suspect either of these issues.
At The Yuma Dentist in Yuma and Fortuna Foothills AZ we want the best possible dental health for all our patients. People from Foothills, Winter Haven CA, and Somerton come to us for general and restorative dentistry. Contact us today!
Contact The Yuma Dentist (Tap to open in Google Maps):
The Yuma Dentist – Pacific Avenue
1630 S Pacific Ave Ste 104
Yuma, AZ 85365
The Yuma Dentist – Fortuna Foothills
11231 E Commercial Center Loop Ste 105
Yuma, AZ 85367