When people get mouth sores, one of the things they can do while waiting for it to heal is evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. Here are some tips from The Yuma Dentist in Yuma and Fortuna Foothills AZ that can help minimize the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
- Eat Soft or Pureed Foods: Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food. Plenty of adult dishes fit the bill. Yogurt, mashed potatoes, smoothies are good choices.
- Keep Your Meals Bland: It might make for boring eats, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
- Keep It Cool: Only eat meals served at room temperature or chilled.
- Use A Straw: This way, whatever you are drinking can avoid contact with the mouth sore altogether.
- Moisten Dry Foods: You can add sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
At The Yuma Dentist in Yuma and Fortuna Foothills AZ, our specialty is dental health. We offer complete general and restorative dentistry. People from Foothills, Winter Haven CA, and Somerton also come to our practice for dental implants. Contact us today!
Contact The Yuma Dentist (Tap to open in Google Maps):
The Yuma Dentist – Pacific Avenue
1630 S Pacific Ave Ste 104
Yuma, AZ 85365
The Yuma Dentist – Fortuna Foothills
11231 E Commercial Center Loop Ste 105
Yuma, AZ 85367